Friday, April 12, 2013

Dave Ryan and Randy Pederson to Team Up for GEICO PBA Summer Swing

from Bill Vint 

Veteran Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) announcer Dave Ryan returns as play-by-play announcer for the PBA, partnering with color analyst Randy Pedersen, for the five-event GEICO PBA Summer Swing series on CBS Sports Network.

Ryan, who served as Voice of the PBA for five years (2002-07), joined CBS Sports Network in 2009 and has spent the past four years covering college football, basketball and baseball, college and professional lacrosse, as well as professional tennis.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve done PBA coverage, but I’m really looking forward to it,” Ryan said. “I joined CBS Sports Network in 2009 and it’s been great. I’ve done a lot of events for CBS. I’ve pretty much had the same role I had with ESPN, but with a different network.

“I’m thrilled, really excited. I miss being around the guys, and I’m particularly excited to work with Randy again. We’re good friends. I’ve been following the PBA since I left,” he added.

Ryan is a graduate of Syracuse University with a degree in broadcast journalism.

Pedersen, a 13-time PBA Tour champion and 2011 PBA Hall of Fame inductee, is currently in his 12th season as color analyst for PBA Tour telecasts.

“Dave called me and started singing, ‘Reunited.’ I didn’t know what he was talking about until then, but it was great news,” Pedersen said. “Dave Ryan is a great guy, a friend and he’s a real professional. It’ll be great to work with him again. I’m looking forward to it. It’ll be a lot of fun.”

The GEICO PBA Summer Swing will feature five two-hour telecasts on CBS Sports Network – the Badger, Wolf and Bear Opens, the Milwaukee Open and the GEICO Summer King of the Swing – which will air on consecutive Tuesdays at 7 p.m. ET beginning June 11.

The GEICO PBA Summer Swing will be held at three different Milwaukee area bowling centers – AMF Waukesha, AMF West and AMF Bowlero – May 20-June 2. PBA’s online bowling channel, Xtra Frame, will provide wall-to-wall coverage of all preliminary rounds of the Summer Swing. For subscription information, visit pba.com and click on the Xtra Frame logo.

No comments: