Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last PBA Womens Series Event of The Season

In the final Professional Bowling Association (PBA) Women’s Series event of the season, newly-elected United States Bowling Congress Hall of Famer Wendy Macpherson of Henderson, Nev., will try for her first Women’s Series title against rising star Stefanie Nation of Arlington, Texas. Macpherson, the all-time earnings leader in women’s professional bowling, led the women’s field with a 23-game total of 4,951 pins, earning the top qualifying position by 15 pins over Nation.

"I'm the alternate in the PBA Women’s Series, so this was only the fourth event I’ve been able to bowl in,” Macpherson said. “I was really excited to advance to match play. I'm speechless right now, tickled pink to make the show. I've done nothing but work on my game, bowling every day since September. I'm really excited."

No comments: